Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I gotta share this before I forget

I was attending an emergency home owners board of directors meeting at a neighbor's home.  Nice lady hosted - there were 3 of us . She served a variety of teas (another funny story), mini-turnovers and music.  Yep, she played the piano and sang. Piano good, signing, not so much.

Anyway image me sitting at a dinner table, sipping tea. The lady of the house turns on her magic piano that plays an organ version of SMILE.  She holds a 10 inch stick with a hand made paper smile taped to it.  She stands right next to me, looks me in the eyes and SINGS. *****OMG***** I have to tell you I was smiling, all right.  I had to hold it in and not burst out laughing.  I admit a giggle did escape.  She wanted me to be happy (like I'm not). Just assumed because of my ordeal that I needed cheering up.  Well she certainly did that.  I can never go back there. 

Do people really do these kind of things?  I don't know. Sweet.

P.S.   BAILEY IS GETTING MARRIED 

I know where to get a great wedding singer -  NOT!

6 comments:

  1. Awkward!! Oh what a life you lead...did she ever break into "Feelings"?
    OMG two Congrats today Bailey getting Married and Matthew/Jaime Drummy are expecting. Very Happy for Bailey, dish when you can, who, what & where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOPS,Previous comment Norm didn't really say, I forgot change back to my account.
    P.S. Jennifer coming to Menifee tomorrow via 29 Palms business trip for the weekend here and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to admit, it wasn't a boring homeowners association meeting! I'm pretty sure a singing council meeting would never happen in Pgh. Yep, I'm sure -- must be a west coast thing? Hurray for the kids; one baby & two weddings in the works, wow! Next week we're off to a friends book launching party in NYC. We're only there overnight, just long enough to acquire a few hotel bed bugs & bring 'em home. As if the (harmless) Asian stink bug invasion we're experiencing here is not enough! Don't know about the invasion? Well.....google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed the comments from the previous commentary, and just now am picturing Mary sitting there in her little paper collar...HA! La la la; Smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I want to know what the emergency meeting was about,and what did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They wanted to fire the Germanator and hire me back to do the treasurer stuff. We had lovely little mini-turnovers. Yum. It's amazing that I was able to count let alone keep the homeowner books during the chemo and radiation.... Yum.

    ReplyDelete