Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUPER SUNDAY

Yep, it's Super Sunday. I'm not going to rag on football.  I could, but I won't. I mean I really could! But I won't. If it weren't for the crowd noise, the commercials, the talking heads-who just can't help themselves-they have to yak and yak and yak about nonsense; it if weren't for the silly half time shows that try to out do the Olympic ceremonies (I personally prefer the marching bands and flag twirlers); if it weren't for the planned commercial breaks and game delays,  the instant replays, the sideline antics I think could really enjoy the game. But the game takes back seat to the commercial enterprise-the money. I have to admit, I do enjoy those great commercials with talking animals and cat herders.  I enjoy sitting with Tom and talking to the TV, passing a bowl of chips. I'm not going to rag on football, but the commercialism, maybe. 

Go Cheeseheads, Go Steelers and your terrible towels!  I will be eating BBQ Pork sandwiches and potato salad, drinking baby beer (those cute little Coronas) while nursing the flu in the comfort of my own home. Best seat in the house - next toTom, Joey at my feet, platters of food, IN MY BATHROBE if I feel like it.

Health Update: see Dr. KH on Wednesday.  Saw the Oncologist  I was told (after my bone density test) that I have "great bones".  Nice. Participated in a medical review session with
other cancer patients to identify what worked and didn't work as far as the care provided.  It wasn't very enlightening. We're all glad to be alive. Glad to be alive for another Super Bowl Sunday.

In spite of the flu, I'm doing well, just tired, still. Armpit and right shoulder still very uncomfortable. I do my exercises and stretch the chest muscles daily - small improvements. It was this time last year when I found my self in the ER for a injury to my foot, which led me to going to my doctor, which led me to having my mammogram ... and well, you know the rest. 

8 comments:

  1. Good thing you injured your foot!!! So, Jim & I will be rooting for the Steelers. We must go to the 'lucky house' to watch the game as they have never lost when we've watched games from our friends Linda $ Bill's house. (It's terrifying to know we hold such power). Anyway, the city is awash in black & gold as I'm sure Green Bay is covered in cheese. Trap update; no squirrel, possible mice in the attic. Trapper Steve changed out the live traps for mouse traps smeared with peanut butter, which so far has been sampled only. Unfortunately Steve has not learned how to cover his behind or belly. E-gads I looked again!!! Go Steelers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so Linda & Bill's house is not so lucky........... any more. It's time to sell. On a good note, local police had an easy night of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, My packers won and yes the chicken is back ( happy to say) We had Taylor on skype so with the game delay I had the in on what was going to happen .Had Kitty calling me about every 3 min though out the game . Anne I hope you have a good week.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! where is everyone?
    I'll have a new post this weekend with my recent adventures with Dr. Kennedy Hair. Can't believe he caught me mid-dress, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still trying to get in, did it work!
    I think I did it!
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to be on board, Thanks Patty.
    Just another day in Paradise. I really missed the WP's chatter.
    H&K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Sara. I'm so glad to see you on line. Say "HEY" to all. LOVE ANNIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone else want permission to create a POST to this BLOG? This will allow you to write to the main page (like my journal) where others can comment. I can give anyone permission, if you want. That way you can create your own String of comments and not have to wait for me to post...or just comment on the latest post.

    ReplyDelete