Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weak Delay

Implant Update:  I had my second visit with Dr. KH last Wednesday.  I always try to get the first appointment of the day, less likely to have to wait. So here I am 8:15 waiting for my 2nd fill.  This time I asked the assistant to wait while I examined the paper vest.  I spread it out on the exam table and carefully peeled back each frontal flap. I explained I didn't want a repeat of last time.  And without an explanation, she asked "Oh, did it tear?".    YOU KNOW IT DID!!!  @!!X&%@

The vest didn't stick or tear. . . . but I still had a lot of trouble getting my 2nd arm through the "sleeve", chasing myself like a dog hot on it's own tail. I'm loosing my flexibility in my right shoulder. My chest still painful from the previous fill. The skin across my implant is taut and the injection sight tender. When The nurse arrived with her grey toolkit filled with the implements of torture I became weak at the knees.  It must   of been obvious to Dr.KH because when he entered the room (this time I was properly attired) he asked how I was doing and suggested that I wait a week or so... He said it was my calendar and I could go as fast or as slow as I wanted.  He has a lot of empathy for my situation and with his big blue eyes, looked up at me from his rolling stool and asked..."do you need any medication?" all the while poking the tender spot (on my heart). And you know how I feel about drugs,  I said in a  slow robot voice (I don't know why) "No..I .. don't..need...any...medication" followed by a weird silence.   We both shrugged.  It was decided that I would wait a week in hopes the pain would subside by then.  Again he reminded me that it's up to me, but he thought it was a good idea because the pain is telling us something, most likely that healing is slow due to the radiation. After a few more pokes he tells me the skin looks real good. So I rescheduled for next week.
At home:   I examine myself in the mirror I can see the eliptical mark left on my chest by the six weeks of radiation.  It's fading, but it's still there.  I decided to use a Cocoa Butter streatch mark cream to promote healing.  I figured it worked during my pregnancy, it should work here.  I will return next week, have less of a fill (it was really only 25cc's, not 120) and hope my weak spot is healed.

March Madness:  it's time to schedule my mammogram - this should be fun.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, as I read this I'm feeling your soreness, and what seems to be your never ending challenges of fighting back. Hang in five, you're on the upswing now, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where has the year gone, you're already on your way to the new improved bod. Listen to Dr.KH take your time. As far as the Mammmmm goes I always think of you when I'm faced with that manyacle machine, your descriptions of your dance with the booberator were always hysterical.
    Nice winter photo, we're so lucky we're surrounded with hills & Mtns of snow but I don't even have get my feet wet.
    Hugs & Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the addition of pics on the site! It's lookin' good inside and out! Annie, you make me proud.

    I'm off to pick up Cres from work. I'm in training to walk & feed her dogs Marlowe (80 lb coon-hound) & Conrad (90 lb mix of big dog). I'm helping out while she travels to Scotland on vaca, at which time Dave has been scheduled to work overtime, 10pm (what luck). So goes the exciting life of #3. Me, no grandkids? Yeah, right, if you say so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait just a dang-gone minute.... how'd 'that' picture get there!!!

    My doggy training took a twist: Cress, in a moment of thoughtlessness, tried to intervene when the dogs erupted in a fight and got bit. She went to her doctor who sent her to the ER where they cleaned out the wound (no stitches needed), x-rayed the hand (nothing broken), dispensed a tetanus shot (precaution) & drugs (for pain). When I got her home the dogs greeted us with tails wagging and kisses; they were so happy to see us & each other (they are crated separately when left home alone).

    We woke up this morning to find our oldest cat (MommaCat) with one eye dilated. Dang, it looks like a vet visit is needed. Too bad, MommaCat gets seriously traumatized by the process of getting to and the vet office.

    Finally, not again......it's snowing!

    ReplyDelete