Tuesday, March 22, 2011

7 minute Mono-gram updaate

We l l l l l l ...... Yep, I got the call back.  That pesty radiologist wants another look.  Now I understand why this person lives on another universe (never to be seen).  I didn't care for the phone call.  The young lady kept talking about my left breast only....I said, "honey, that's the only one I got, I don't think I'll get it wrong." I don't think she got it.  She then asked me if I had any history of cancer in my FAMILY!!!  Good - God, girl. read your notes, or something. "Darling, I only have one breast. It was almost a year ago today I got the call back following my mammogram, I don't have that breast anymore."  She still seemed dumb. Well, the radiologist would like you to come in, for your left breast only.  I'm thinking I wouldn't even know where to look for my right one. 

So I went for my follow up.  There are two little (and they keep stressing little) areas of interest.  Please slip your arm out of the sleeve and step up to the plate.  OUCH.. my lonely little left breast screamed. "don't get dressed yet". . . . . . . have a seat, but don't get dressed yet.  This is going to the radiologist right now.  It will be reviewed immediately (on Lord, I don't like the sound of that).

Next I'm re-introduced to the lady of the PINK - nurse navigator.  She wants to hug and hands me the box of tissues.  She has some lovely pink pamphlets with plenty of sticky notes highlighting points of interest. I see a biopsy consent form and pull it towards me as she yaks about how long it's been since we  last met. I reminder her it's been almost a year to date. 

I have two small spots that needs to be biopsied.  It will be tomorrow at 2:00pm.  It will take an hour.  I will be suspended face down on a platform with a hole where my LEFT breast will dangle.  Below a technician will press my breast between some glass plates, numb it with lanocane (hopefully enough) and extract a sample of the offending areas of interest - just to be safe.  Here, some tissues.

Golly, geeze.  I haven't layed flat on my stomach for almost a year.  It's going to be a challenge to rest in place on my new rock hard, and may I add painful, little right pseudo-breast  for an hour.  We'll give it try. I'll have the result is 2 to 3 days. 

Is this deja-vou all over again?   Anne-out  - were are my cheezy poofs?  

1 comment:

  1. I will be the first to respond: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Little sista, I'm totally stressed by your news. No, no, no, it's just not fair. You took on the right breast cancer with such a combated zeal. You deserve to bath in your success without any further ado, not this 'little spots of interest' s#*&!. Helpless in Pgh. #3

    ReplyDelete