Wednesday, March 23, 2011

home again, home again, jiggidy jig

This picture makes it look easy. NOT.  I had to pull my arm and shoulder through the hole , not just my breast - you know it couldn't just be easy. Crazy upside down, arm and left breast dangling through the portal of pain. Chin pressed on hard surface, my jaw taking the full weight of my head, edge of metal table pressing hard on my rib cage, the edge of the portal smashed against my neck, arm in a sling down below goes numb, right side no problem.  30 minuets of squishing, pulling, poking, repositioning -then THERE! Hold still, there. Another 30 minutes later the needle is confirmed to be in the right place - SIX cores were removed. I didn't feel a thing, this time.  Could be the distraction of my jaw slowing sliding out of it's hinge - or what ever jaws do.

Big bruise, bandage, lots of bleeding. Home resting.  I was at work and got a call asking if I could come in in the next 30 minutes, I could, but it would be without drugs or a driver. No Problem they said, you'll do fine. I did. So I had the procedure done this morning at 10:30, home by 12:30. Felt like a weekend. Dr. Darling was wonderful. She reminds me of the character in the Big Bang Theory-the woman nerd, but prettier.

Keep our fingers crossed - may be just old lady calcium deposits.  Didn't know I was a mining field for natures elements. The six core samples looked like short earthworms floating in the jar I had to witness and initial. Maybe too much information. I cam home and took drugs - slept - blogged. I'm doing good.  If this blog seems odd, it may be the drugs.  Love you all.  Will keep you up to date as I learn more.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I vote for old lady calcium deposits! You just keep on keeping on, sweetie. 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, old lady calcium deposits! I go in for my mammo. April 1st. Ladies, I pray you are all keeping up on your appointments.
    We love you Annie.
    #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my fingers and toes are crossed for the calcium deposit outcome. Hang in there, has a whole new meaning after what you just went through! Luv ya. #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that hanging titty thingy, too. The holes were GIGANTIC;I about fell through. I must say, I actually expected a laugh from the tech and dr. as I "suspended" my itty bitty titty through the hole. Who THOUGHT of this thing? Loved the FBI language - "found something of interest." They used the same script with me. I am banking on these items of interest being benign. I love you, Annie.
    #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today my breast (left) has a buise the shape and size of a russet potato and the color of eggplant. GROSS. I walk like I'm carrying something precious in my armpits. I vow to work less hours, goof off more. I can do this. Yes, I can do this. Now all this food talk is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete