Friday, March 18, 2011

Say Cheeeeeze please

Cheetos I'm tired. Sitting back with a glass of cheap wine and a bag of cheezee-poofs, does it get better than this? I'm so tired, I've been working about 65 hours a week, coming home and crashing. Believe it or not we can't get people to apply for jobs in Medford - what's up with that? So I've been doing a lot of "grunt" work - caring for our disabled residents who demand 24/7 supports.  This takes a lot of physical strength, and believe it or not, I'm the healthy one among the workers. So I show up at all hours, all days of the week and give 'em what I got. I promised myself that I would put Tom on my calendar.  We had a little St.Patty's date at the local Irish Pub.  I was so BORING. What do people talk about with such zeal?  I had to apologize to Tom for not being more entertaining.  But it is what it is.  Or, better, I am what I am.

Had my mammogram yesterday.  WOW, my appointment was at 2:00pm and I was out of there, in my car, at 2:07.  One of the advantages of mono-boob. The technician was so nice, so efficient, so understanding and sensitive to my single breast situation.  She saw my Port scar and gently touched my shoulder to inquire if I still had my Port.  The gown thing wasn't weird, she let me just slip it down (not take my arm out of the sleeve) and gently slipped t back up without my knowledge when all was done. Nice. 

Oh yes, speaking of Dr. Nice (radiation guy).  He isn't in my Insurance Network, so I now owe him $8,000.  Great Scott!! Especially since his is the only practice in Southern Oregon.  I had to go to him, the only provider in the area. The closest in network is in Roseburg.  Can you imagine? driving or worse yet, staying in Roseburg for 6 weeks?  Golly Geeze.  So here I am trying to image how I can pay Dr. Nice and save money for Bailey's wedding.  Guess I'll be eating a lot of Cheezy-poofs.

6 comments:

  1. I just wrote you a long &#@ note and it did'nt post. So here a short note 7 min. mammgram ? ,$8,000 must put our heads together on this, 65 hours oh my stars and last heading out Franks tonight with other family members for his birthday Off to work (fishing workshpe for kids) Love to you and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear there is work somewhere, but 65 hours a week must be very tiring! I'm glad you're relaxing with cheezee-poofs. There are lots of DIY ideas for weddings to help with the budget. You know you can count on all of us for any and all help. We love an excuse to get together. By the way, the So. Cal. family all came together today for Frank's birthday. Frank looks and feels great. Dr. says he is in perfect health; he no longer has type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure. I think he may be healthier than me. Keep relaxing and I vote for southern Oregon! Love you. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stars, ultra hours (bad), help on a break (huh?), bim-bam thank you mamo (good), $$$$ doctors (very bad), St Paddy fizzle (too bad) and a wedding (great) to plan (a challenge). A drummy's life is never easy. Okay, re-boot, sooooooo who's got the toile!

    Cress in Scotland having a fab time, I'm walking dogs, picking up mountains of poop, Jim is knee deep as well with work, and glimpses of spring are starting to show. I've started cleaning up the fall & winter debris, oh how I love being out doors again. And day-light savings, well its just the bees knees!

    Sent Frank an e-mail note on the 16th just to acknowledge the one year anniversary. I'm thankful his health is improving. The last few years was pretty hard on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had some winter underwear today! No water volleyball for another week!
    Doesn't make since that some of us have retired that you are picking up the slack, sooo unfair how do you do it all? You know I would be there if I could...We sit home for weeks, and then all happens in one day, yesterday gave the clubhouse a St. Pat Party make over, went to HB to watch Jack's little league game,(so proud of Jack as catcher threw to 2nd base forced the other player out) they won! Then on to Franks for the birthday party, Susan put out a nice spread for all of us and Frank. Who brought the strawberries w/mint? they were sooo good. Jim Bob and I were both feeling really weird and lonesome even with the crowd, didn't help her box was sitting right there in the fireplace nook. Lisa & family could not attend had a Blue & Gold banquet scheduled. AS our lives turn & turn.....
    Luv Ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since when are glasses a Luxury item, went yesterday to get my prescription updated thinking I would outsmart the expensive optometrist, I got the prescription from him and go to Walmart!!! Wrong, Norm is still catching his breath, you did what & cost what? He has a guy come to the house for his takes the frames away and comes back, but noooo I think I'm special (really didn't trust the guy). Another rode trip to OC this morning O dark thirty to see our tax man, probably getting back just about what we owe to the Tax Man, go figure. Awaiting another deluge of rainnnnn.
    STay warm and dry you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,Annie. Yeah, I was hoping that you wouldn't be backfilling for staff when you took this position. After all, you are a Drummy -- and we know what that means. Jim and I are feeling similar; we keep saying, "so sorry." And, just continue working. I was thinking today that I would like to do direct services again -- however, maybe not.

    Spring is finally here, thank heavens. However, now I have to deal with the disaster that is my yard -- everything totally flat from snow and hail with huge tree parts everywhere.

    So sorry re the insurance. For crying out loud. Can you appeal?
    God bless you, goddamnit. #4

    ReplyDelete