Sunday, November 13, 2011

Headliner: Annie and the Three Little Girls

 This morning I wonder what I did yesterday. This little memory lapse makes my husband more interesting. If I can't remember yesterday I can't be bored with today. Turning 59 was very uneventful, I think. I could have partied all night long, I don't know. I do know that I'm pleased as punch to be here and am looking forward to many more uneventful birthdays. My dementia doesn't scare me.  I pass it off as Chemo-Brain but know it's just lazy brain. If I really work hard I can conjure up memories and even invent a few. I've actually had to suppress a few made up ones. I understand, now, how mom got all her degrees, traveled the world and met so many interesting people. I fancied I was a rock star in my past life, or maybe a night club singer, before my memory challenged my memories. Looking back, yeah, there I am, singing along to the car radio, the taste of exhaust in my mouth, road dirt billowing in through the back window, my posse' of three lovely young ladies joining me in song. Eyes full of tears as the fumes blinded us on I-5 - headed towards any new destination. We were rock stars, survivors of the late sixties "Annie and the three little girls". 

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget the baker dozen of donuts under the seat and you singin away, my memories of you and the Vdub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes, I still carry the reminents of those sugar bombs on my thieghs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying this again, sorry about the 3 unknowns above, I trashed them, I can't seem to get the name registered....new email address saramaraglo@gmail.com Its time for me to step away..... Sara #2..... "treat" here's hoping it works.....ah haaaa dashboard/profile thats the ticket..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news from Jackie! Sara' you're on my radar again (treat)! Annie, a memory of good times that remains in tact - way to go! Not so shabby for a 59er! Now where did I put my husband.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the I -5 ,it's just not the same without Annie at the wheel. We did have some wild and crazy times up and down the good old interstate.

    ReplyDelete