Sunday, November 27, 2011
Never a waitress when you need one
This morning I'm still recovering from the flu. Bad flu. Bad. It came on slowly Thanksgiving morning. I felt a dryness and scratch at the back of my throat. Hmmm. Did I sneeze a lot yesterday? I had my flu shot and felt I could work through this thing with little problem. BUT NO, post dinner and pre-pumpkin pie I was down like a rock. As hostess I tried to socialize with Jackie while laying on the couch, rubbing my forehead and rattling-on like a crazy person. I fear I exposed everyone at the table and feel just horrible. I've had very little sleep. My ribcage is tender and I have to pause with each step while coughing up a lung. If I don't get better by tomorrow I will plant my butt in the cold waiting room chairs at the doctor's office. Just what I need, another doctor visit. I never know what to take for the flu. I never get any real relief from the over-the-counter remedies. It's all too complicated. So many to choose from, and me with a headache and trying desperately not to sneeze, cough and dribble all over the other customers. Last week I was indignant when a woman approached the counter where I was enjoying a cool glass of water while waiting for my lunch and she started coughing all over my glass. She said it didn't matter, she didn't have a cold or anything. I glared at her, got up and moved to another seat, to Tom's amusement. I think the bartender thought "I" was the jerk. He had a waitress follow her to her table to assure she was okay. What I need is a waitress. Serve me hot lemon water and extra strength Tylenol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well,this just shows you the deference in the big girls & little girls....speaking of myself of course. I too was enthralled and focused with the weekly Sunday Calendar only I was reading the other side "Erase Age Spots" do you think the UMI or the four solar meerkats can do that? OR maybe the little UMI "masterpiece of amazing realism" can cure this agravating cold/flu thats going around. Now that would be a real keeper!
ReplyDelete#2
#5, I hope you are feeling better this week. Nasty thing - the flu. #7, code-treat, code treat!!!! What the….. I received a picture via email from you yesterday of a hunk of a man dressed as a unicorn?!?!?!?!?! Are you suggesting stocking stuffer or something else?
ReplyDeleteWell, it’s that time again. I must get started on decorating for the holidays – test strands of Xmas lights (why don’t I throw away that half lit 100 bulb strand), phoof the fake garland, make sure the hot glue gun is in working order. It’s time to get those fifteen 2’ fake Christmas trees, garland & lights into my winter-empty copper flower boxes. Alas, we live in a highly Jewish populated community and my effort goes unappreciated. The holiday displays in our neighborhood is spotty at best. I enjoy visiting friends in the suburbs where I can enjoy elaborate holiday displays & giggle over households using the ‘we got it so we might as well use it’ philosophy - where you see a house with non-matching lights literally thrown on trees - giant lighted snow flakes dangling from their branches, under which you’ll find Santa and his eight tiny reindeer sleighing through a giant snow globe at night (converting to a large puddle of plastic on the lawn at day), and oversized Styrofoam candy canes line the sidewalk that direct you to the giant nutcracker soldiers standing at attention at the front door covered in wrapping paper, wreath & oversized red bow. The permanent yard Mother Mary statue now sits in the shadows making no judgment of her new yard buddies. What the heck, hat-coat-gloves, I’m ready - lets get started!
I'm so over Christmas already, last week decorating the clubhouse, going behind my dear friends taking what they conclude as decorations,(dingle balls on the Urinals, really?) Creating 24 table toppers, thank you $ store, turning lights on our glorious tree and mechanical creatures.waiting for the band to set up,start up the coffee urns,ah yes,go home to dress into something festive, NO bedazzled holiday sweatshirts for me no sirrree. Danced the evening away, cleanup and today start all over again for the Volleyball party, two turkey breast roasting,(one in oven, one on the grill) cheesy potatoes in the crock, rolls rising,(I hope) Norm's off to Loew's to get his $15 Gift
ReplyDeleteexchange,will I be embarresed, the tool kit he
gave Carolyn last year was a hit! Good news from
Jimbob he's hosting Xmas Eve, I'm done... Happy week to all>
#2