My secret public journal: I started weight watchers today. I've committed to 3 months. I'm starving. I lost .8 lbs overnight. I'm starving.
Yesterday weigh in: 166 Lbs.
- New scale, now that's better . . . . .
Last night weigh in: 161.4 Lbs.
This morning (before breakfast): 160.8
Instant Oatmeal with equal, medium banana, coffee with instant creamer, 1/2 cup 1% milk - Yummmmm
I get to eat 26 points a day. Tom gets 51 !! My breakfast was 5 points. Lunch and dinner looks bleak or I have to get REALLY creative. I don't want to buy a bunch of fancy this and that to enhance the experience.
So Sad, no patty-melts.
Inspire me girl to follow suit!
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly is a medium banana?
ReplyDeleteThere you go again! Inspiring us all. 26 points! Crap! All I get is 18. Can't even get creative with that. I have to lose a few; my clothes are critically tight. I sit in meetings and my bra band fights with my rolls; my waist band feels like it is cutting me in half, and I better watch my rear! I have been just cutting back so far, eating half of my normal servings for the past few days. I must say I do feel better. YOur mindfulness and commitment is impressive.
ReplyDeleteJim thought he was being mindful about calories when he selected to bring hom pound cake instead of German chocolate. He said the strawberries with the pound cake and ice cream were healthful. : ) Yeah, this is what I am up against. For me, my calories are of the alcoholic variety. That is really the challenge -- especially after a long day.
Oh that Jim. He makes me laugh - forgoing chocolate for a rich buttery, fruity dessert - what's the deal with that!!
ReplyDeleteA medium banana predicts my future. size doesn't matter in the banana world - bananas (all fruit and veggies) are ZERO points. I can eat any size. In my fruit bowl, the medium banana doesn't spill over the rim.
ReplyDeleteTalking about size ,I met Davey Jones in an airport in the 70's. He was so sweet I could of put him in my pocket
ReplyDeleteWhy is it Fruits/veggies are so hard for me, if someone cleans, peels, chops and dices I'll eat it, but if it just sits in a bowl it most likley will become all wrinkly and pruned, Norm and I have really been trying to convert, but there they sit in my tiered server one old fermented apple and three dried up tangelos,the sad thing is we'll probably buy more next market outing.. More chips please....
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
Yeah. Diets always say "one medium banana" ... like it is anathma to ever say the word "large" or the psyche will get all bananas for bananas. I am trying to eat more F/V, too. Have made some headway spending extra $ on cut up veggies. Eat cut up apple wedges a lot. (almost said "wedgies" !) Citrus, which is best for me, not so much. Too much work. But I like it when I bother. I like TJ dried apricots and mangos, but, um, it gives me wedgies.
ReplyDeleteGiggle, giggle . . . . Today I'm having 6 pot stickers and 1 cup of cooked rice with sugar snap peas. Yumm I like my veggies more raw than cooked. I buy pre-washed and pre-stringed surgar snap peas and cook them right in the bag they come in - right in the microwave. I always use all my points. Tom has lost 4 pounds so far, me 2. But we don't officially count until Sunday. Goal is 2 pounds a week. P.S. I'm not drinking wine. It hasn't been an issue. Tom enjoys a bloody-mary before dinner - Another excellent veggie option.
ReplyDeleteMedium is a good compromise. Like Sara; why thinking about a snack, I don't want to be bothered preparing fresh fruit & veggies. So a few things I do: Never leave fresh fruit on the counter (waste of money) I do wash a large bunch of grapes each week, let them sit in the drainer, sometimes for hours, but eventually cut the bunch into snack size portions, place them in a ceramic bowl, topped with a paper towel (seems to keep them fresher) & place them in the frig door shelf. When it's time to grab a snack, open the door and wah-la! Also, granny smith apples seem to hold off getting brown when cut, so I will cut one in half, ball out the center, put it into a sandwich bag & place it on top of the grapes. Now I've got a choice! I never snack on veggies unless accompanied by a dip, so whats the point!
ReplyDeleteGotta go, the runner's will be back soon. I'm baking them cinnamon buns to go along with bacon and fresh ground coffee for breakfast. Hey, I applaud you & Tommy for coming out...with your diet plan.
Going to Vegas on the 14-16th meet Norms daughter Janice and Patrick via Indianapolis if they haven't blown away by then....
ReplyDeletehope #3&4 are safe and fairing well with storms.
Off to the Menifee farmers market,not as nice as the Phoenix fruit stand by _Annes, they do have avocados 25 for $5.00, ymmmm.how many points could they possibly be?????
,
The storms past below us in the burg. But its been windier than normal. We are also experience a try mild winter - thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteAvocados - yum. They have a high fat content but its the good fat. Ok in moderation. We have it once a week.
Having Annie's spur us on, I just used the online weight watcher's calculator and it reports that I am over weight. Damn, I knew it.....I can feel it. Just got off a 50 minute elliptical ride watching Modern Family & Up All Night. Ya gotta laugh while you exercise!
Have fun in Vegas!