Sunday, April 22, 2012
What a beautiful day. We're having a false Spring/Summer weekend. Everyone is out and about working in their yards. Power equipment buzzing at all hours of the day, local landscapers catching up with unattended yard debris, smell of fresh mowed lawns. Last night we celebrated the rebirth of a downtown treasure. The local NPR station purchased an old derelict theater and last night was the lighting of the sign. It is HUGE. Our Urban renewal dollars appropriately assigned to make downtown Medford a destination. Tom and I made a date of it. We ate at the local Sushi restaurant (only 12 points - and we ate like pigs), then walked down the block and joined the gathering locals to witness the lighting. Both of us hitching up our pants celebrating our own accomplishments, the slow and steady weight loss. I haven't met my goal of 150 Lbs. but this old relic can boast 151.5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your weight accomplishment. Wow, I'm so happy for you. May I add, if you throw in a couple of weekly vigorous 30-minute walks, I predict you'll better that 150 number within the month. Make it happen!!!
ReplyDeleteYes!!! Just a few more days and you will meet that goal. That is awsome. I know the feeling of season change. Spring came early here and I felt so virtuous working in the garden (of course, #3 works there all the time, and it is gorgeous). We are getting the crappy rain and cold temps now; we all knew they would come eventually. But it is a whole different deal after a week of sun, flowers, greenery and long days. So, sushi is only 12 points, huh? BTW check out Hirshorn Museum web site. They have an exhibit where an artist repurposed the entire completely circular building into a huge round projection screen. The exhibit includes loud speaker audio of music accompanying the projected tableau of images onto the building. It is pretty awsome. I think Medford could be a cool town. Just needs a spark and I hope the theatre will be it.
ReplyDelete