Sunday, July 29, 2012

Picking up good vibrations

Had one of those days, yesterday. Not what you think. Super good Vibes. Seems like the planets were all aligned and the chaos simmered downed. Walked into a JCPenney's. I wasn't immediately insulted, arrested or harassed in any way. Tom found three pair of slacks and four shirts in what was left of their Big and Tall department (size of a porta-potty (the department, not the pants....:)). Then went to a gold and silver vendor to purchase a gift for Bailey. Not only did we score by finding the item we wanted we got a great deal. Followed up the weekly errands at The grocery store ... Yep, prime parking spot. Couldn't get better. Tom bought a lottery ticket. Well, the good news is, he only spent a dollar. Home again and the women's Volley ball team was looking good. Michael, not so much, but in the finals (I think). I 'm afraid I fell asleep during the opening ceremonies the night before - must have been all the sheep. Finished the evening on the deck listening to music when the cat threw up. Okay, the chaos returns. But the vibe was lovey while it lasted.

P.S.  Don't look at the word GOOD too long.  It just looks funny. It's not right, especially in caps.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good day, you really deserve to have more...
    Our Olympic experience started off with bringing in Fish & chips (I know,I know they were so gooood)with a bottle of Guinness,salute.Norm nodding off early me with two fans (breeze kind) up till the end...I didn't really want to hear Hey Jude, that's for our family memories.
    Last night, showtime @ Oasis with three comedians,two not so much the last one had me in tears, he was a writer for Jay Leno his whole routine was jibs & jabs off the audience, laughing is really medicinal. Got home home in time for Michaels dethroning. I mentioned to Norm this morning as we were watching archery that I was very lucky to have been from the last era of PE classes being exposed to all the different athletic venues,(hating every minute of it I might add!) gymnastics,(still have nightmares of the balance beam,trampoline,horse),swim, field hockey, tennis, jazz. diving, softball, volleyball, recall having every disease mankind could have to get out of class! Don't even get me started on the bathing suits and the soap down showers inspections!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to have a good day with thunder storms on the prowl & humidity that can bring the dark knight to his knees.

    I got through the 'J's of the countries walk-about in the Olympic opening show before calling it quits. I loved-loved-loved the Queen partnering with 007 at the beginning, and don't regret not seeing Pauly boy sign out of key. I'm just watched a women's rowing heat competition. The US gals won it with room to spare. Now commentator Michelle Beadle is blah blah blabbing about something - nothing important, wearing shat she considers sports commentating wear; stiletto heals & tight cropped black pants & bright yellow top. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's annoying hoe the commentators feel the need to talk, talk, talk. Tell me what they are doing on the field, court or whatever. I don't need the small talk. Let the athletes speak for themselves. Men's volleyball.... Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ladies. Natch I am responding two weeks out. Typical -- at the last of the pack. Well, I enjoyed every minute of the Olympics --save the commentators, of course. Why do they DO that? I must confess: the sheep put me to sleep, too; and no, I didn't want to hear Hey Jude -- that is for us! This summer has been great for armchair sports--Tour Dey France and Olympics. Great scenery all around. The women athletes: awesome. Stark contrast to the cupcake commentators. Speaking of awsome: Annie, I hope you have more good vibes.

      Delete
  4. Hey sweetie, NO GOOD vibrations lately??
    Heard you took a little vacation to SF, see Bailey and your old haunts? Good for you, it was well deserved I'm sure.
    We're going on a two wk cruise later this month to Hawaii, I was looking around for some kind of clothing and packing suggestions for 14 day excursion, not like someone we know that can pack for 6 weeks out of her wallet. I found a gentleman that had a complete list of things to bring on such a trip, he suggested among some curious items women must have 15 bras & panties (never in my whole life have I owned 15 Bras!!) and what day do I wear two? the mens list included 25 hankerchiefs ,really? don't think I'll go there. we'll need two cars just to get us to the dock with the amount of clothes this guy is talking, and we haven't even added the shoes! I'm more worried about how to stash the wine..... forget shoes.
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wine carryon? No problem - take those fifteen bras and modify them into wine bras! You know what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete