Saturday, May 28, 2011

Just can't wave like I used to.

My last visit with Dr.K-Hair I complained about the anesthesiologist.  With big sad eyes he nodded and shook his head, "yeah, these guys get a little desensitized, I will talk to them".  He did.  I had the bandages and few stitches removed this week, I am now officially done with that part. Doc wants to see me again (gee, I'm flattered) and is very concerned about some deep vein thrombosis in my right arm.  I have swelling in my hand and upper arm.  Cute, especially when I wave. I start (again) lymphedema therapy next week.  Fun, get to have some stranger apply whispery soft "compression" an my arm and chest.,coach me on the lymph system (how many times do I have to hear this?) and prescribe exercises that I already do. However, and Jackie can attest to this, I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life.  May as well accept that fact.
I also have to get used to the idea that my chest is scary, ugly gross.  It's so severe. I still have tightness in my shoulder and underarm as a result of the radiation.  The skin still wants to "shrink" and remains discolored and rough. The scar is healing well - for the second time. Rough, scaly, itchy dry and tingly. I'm not to wear anything (bra like) tight right now until I return to see the Doc in 3 weeks. So hear I am, again, one loose breast in motion under loose clothes - cute, especially when I wave.  Truth is, I don't wave very often.

Let's not EVEN talk about my new Tuck 'N Roll package.

No comments:

Post a Comment