But don't you just love her hair? It's funny this photo was titled "Jamie Lee Curtis-old". Well I never!! My new doo is more like this, just don't have the jaw (or the body, tan, fame, etc).
Was measured today for my new sleeve. It may be ready by Friday, maybe not - there's that "MAYBE" thing again. This guy, I didn't like. The appointment was scheduled for 9:30am. I called and confirmed my appointment. I arrived at 9:20am to fill out paperwork. There was NOBODY there, just the receptionist who was very challenged, if I may speak frankly. The "FITTER" didn't see me until 9:55!! How dare he? What was he doing in that back room (I suspect there is a door to the parking lot) when he had a customer who rearranged her schedule to be there? I can't tolerate this. It's rude. And what's this maybe stuff? I have to call back and check and arrange my schedule to accommodate his shipping schedule. Wouldn't it be more prudent to....call me when it arrives? What a dude. He spent all of 4 minutes to take four measurements. What a dude. He actually gave me some excuse that his source isn't very reliable. GET ANOTHER SOURCE!!! Am I wrong? as a customer, shouldn't I expect excellent customer service? Maybe I'll call Dr. Kennedy-Hair (he is my referral). My patient room was decorated with prosthetic legs, shoes and funky socks. I'm not feeling real confident. Sort of the medical equivalent of Boots and Beer. I'm going to get me a wrist watch, just so I can look at it and shake my head disapprovingly the next time some dude decides it's okay to be less than punctual and not even utter the slightest apology for being tardy. Dr. K-Hair is never late, and he is the busiest guy I've ever seen. Funky Fitter Guy needs to take lessons from a professional.
Yes, I'm tired. I have another Physical Therapy session tomorrow. Geeeze! and another one next week. Okay, I'm cranky. It's hot. I'm over worked. I'll get over it.
Looking forward to WP '11.
"There are negotiations being made that are going to answer all of your questions and solve all of your problems. That's all I can tell you right now......". (Quoted from The Godfather)
ReplyDeleteLet da guy knows yous got family.... a very BIG family and yous think hees should rethink hees rudeness, if yous get my meaning. :-( grrrrrrrrrr - I'm with you sister, call Dr. K-hair's office and let them know you are disappointed in their recommendation (its a reflection of their office too). That should do it.
Hey, I'll write a letter too; just give me an address. This could get ugly. No one puts Baby in the corner!
ReplyDeleteSo,I got that exact haircut last night! I didn't intend to. My only instruction was that I like to wear my bangs long and below my eyebrows, so of course she promptly cut them off so now I have no bangs at all. We ought to start a letter campaign.
I'm still laughing.....I love the "Baby" & "Godfather" references....I'm still giggling ....Going back tomorrow for my sleeve. Where's my watch? Wouldn't it be fun if we could all just show up? Hands on our hips? Eyebrows raised. Mary, tapping a baseball bat in her left hand. Kitty, tossing her hair and jutting her chin towards the accused and asking? Hmmmmm?..... I will hold this image in my mind while negotiating funky fitter guy. I'm still tickled.
ReplyDeleteSoooooooo, how did your visit with the funky fitter guy go? Did he dis you or redeem himself.
ReplyDeleteI got my hair cut too, a graying buster-brown with curls. In CA it will look wilty, flat, unflattering. Here the humidity curls it up on the sides – and flattens the top (sorta bozo-esk). I’m just warning you all, I’m not a pretty site.
Gotta go for my un-refreshing park walk: it’s 8:30am, 72 degrees & 93% humidity. Yuck!
Sooo..he did redeem himself. However, my sleeve didn't fit and he ordered (someone elses fault) the wrong type. He gave me one that was ordered for someone else and VIOLA it fit like a glove, a very tight glove. Going for my walk all dressed up in my new gear - keep the numbing away from my fingertips.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you and Mr.@# made amends,after all if the glove doesn't fit you must @#$^!!
ReplyDeleteOh the stories we have to tell of Mom and her glove...
Talk about tight... I have been cruising stores for weeks looking for a pair of long shorts that I can wear to WP meet, but noooooo, what is it with these clothier that think we all want our asses hanging out due to the waist being so low with that 1 1/2 inch zipper and short crotch!! I have to admit the old bottom ain't the size it used to be.. I tried on 5 different style & sizes. I even had to prove to Norm that they do not fit, came out and showed him how low in the back they rode,I would have to invest in some very pricey thongs to get away with it. Sooo any how I remember WP #6 once had on a pair mens shorts, I trotted over to the mens dept found a nice respectable pair of Linen shorts with the elastic waist, won't mention the size"perfecto" only one problem their were four people standing in line to cash out, "Never Mind"! You know how good things comes to you if you just wait? Low and behold on the top closet shelf is a pair of perfectly good red cargo shorts that Norm deemed as too big....waiting for the goodwill bag. Hmmm I say to myself lets give these a try, whala perfectoo! I can't believe its come down to this, thinking of getting my haircut today, maybe not, I'll probably end up with it butched!. Oh the days of looks and humility so gone.
Your latest photo reminds me,the last visit from Norms sister we were cruising downtown Palm Springs, checking out the store windows, when
ReplyDeleteRuth asked "How come all the window mannequins are male with their derrières exposed in various short shorts?" Times a changin...
Yummy, WE don't like this ? Looking forward to seeing all the ladys birds
ReplyDelete