Saturday, July 2, 2011

"You should see my doctor!"

Imagine Billy Crystal saying it like a nice Jewish lady.

I have a new complaint.  Just a minor BURNING in my fingers, EVERYDAY numb hands and tingling toe tips.  Glory-Bee.  Forget about the arm bandaging. It's too hot and quite frankly it feels like Voodoo. I do my stretches - they are very much like torture.  Gotta rip the scar tissue from it's foothold and loosen it up.  Gotta pull the muscles to the point of agonizing pain and burn.  The nice doctor says I'm good for a few months.  See you later, I say.  But what about the numbing and burning?  Oh, that's something else.  Get some exercise, loose a few pounds.  Stretch. 

Wispy little massage.  I need the real thing.

==============
Happy Fourth of July!!!

3 comments:

  1. And to think you continue to work with your hands & feet, not to mention your chest, arm pit throbbing with the uncomfortableness you are describing. I hope that soon it will subside to a level that is not a constant reminder of your breast cancer. I want you to feel better…you deserve to feel better!

    So, we are back from a very interesting visit to Sicily. Our friends, Lucia and Giovanni were wonderful hosts, treating us to a site seeing tour that took us all over the island. I most enjoyed the centuries old, still active hill top communities. The towns were originally perched on top of hills to ward off easy attacks by the like of pirates and invaders. Not so romantic was the abundance of graffiti & litter (what’s the deal with that). No need to go back, I’ve seen it all. Arrivederci Sicily.

    Happily home again, I spent yesterday with Cress (my favorite thing to do), helping her with the reconstruction of her patio. She wanted to work on the railroad tie style boarder. So she & I trotted off to Home Depot & purchased 10’X4’X4’ treated wood ties & anchoring spikes. Her (pre-existing) patio is comprised of many 36”X36” concrete squares slabs. Cress (and Dave) has been pulling up the slabs to level the ground to make the area more usable as an eating/sitting area (its currently on a slope). The slabs weigh a ton (not really but they’re really, really heavy), so they’ve only been able to manage working on a few slabs per weekend. Anyway, Cress & I finished the job at hand, which took us five hours! Dave, who disappeared after lugging the ties to the backyard, reappeared after we cleaned up with beers, ciders and a plate of cheese, apples, freshly made crostini (what a guy). Cress insists we celebrate the 4th on her ¾s finished patio. No problem, just have to watch our step & not fall into the yet-to-be-filled & planted 2 foot deep holes surrounding it. WP’s - Happy 4th to you & yours! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does one do when hosting 200 guest on the 4th expecting to be dined by the Carl's Jr. Mobile truck and its generator is dead, its also about 104 degrees outside, OMG keep drinking and dancing send someone to drive thru IN&OUT QUICK! Pretty yuky affair last night, Carl's ended up sending 200 cold,soggy burgers WHAT NO FRYS the roar from the crowd, among all this Janie (Club Pres.)has a crush on the band leader swooning all over the place, keep it together Jane we got to get out of this alive.... this too shall pass, did not give Carl's their check, we'll be giving back money to the guest. one highlight my decorations got a lot of compliments...we also had Foster Freezes that were to be desert so we handed them out when the crowd got restless, gave away all of the 50/50 money drawing to the winners, keep dancing and drinking......
    I'm off to WVB hopefully the monsoon outside thats building up will not create lighting while I'm in the pool eeegods.
    #2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - You did good, I'm sure. In & Out a much better choice. Boo to Carl's. You always could dance like no other.

    #5

    ReplyDelete