So many little things. Papers, paperclips, pennies, gum wrappers, notebooks, hairpins, birthday cards, key chains, socks, fanny packs, paycheck stubs, invoices, work notes, phone numbers and business cards, pens, lip gloss, safety pins, post its, gloves, plastic flowers, fun-run T-shirts, belts, wallets, receipts, warranties, cassett tapes, envelopes, old bills, earrings, beads, pain relievers, hand warmers, rocks, comb, quarters, doo-dads, thing-a-majig, this and that. What am I doing with all this crazy stuff?
Maybe it's because it's my birthday tomorrow or because I'm feeling better. Perhaps I'm just tired of moving this stuff around or because I can't find Tom's birth certificate. It could be the time change. I know I just don't know why this stuff is in my drawers,stacked in closet, spilling out of tupperware in my garage.OUT!GET OUT! Purge, dump, and recycle. Old shoes, short skirts, silk blouses and felt hats. Weird shoes, where did these shoes come from? I bought these shoes? What was I thinking? I brought all this stuff into my home. It's all going.
Sending out this greeting with one wish for you in mind - a day that's a thousand times nice as all the days you left behind. And whatever it will take to make happy wishes come true is truly everything that I have wished for you.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hugs & Kisses
Yesterday was my semi-seasonal clothes transfer day. The lightweight spring-summer wear was pulled from closets & drawers & replaced by the heavier fall-winter versions. With a cardboard box labeled “Goodwill” in the ready, I scanned each item for downstairs storage space worthiness. Did I wear it this or last year? No? Box it! “But I love the fabric! You know the rules – box it!” I am just a little obsessive about getting rid of unused 'things' - 'stuff'. Over the summer I got rid a perfectly good dryer stored in our garage. After making sure there were no dryer residents (your rat-dryer story came to mind), Jim & friend loaded it into the car & I drove it to a recycle center. “You’ns want to give away a clean, functional dryer. Why”? I don’t need it and it was taking up valuable space, that’s why! I also shed two upholstered Queen Elizabeth-Louis VVIII-Lewis Carroll’s Alice (when she was small) chairs. Like your shoes, what was I thinking! Anyway, I drove them to a local non-profit secondhand shop and without communicating with the staff I deposited my chairs with those on display for sale and walked out. Easy! AND I believe I’ve spotted those very chairs in website photos of a newly opened restored historic mansion, now posh B&B! Who says I don’t give back to my community!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday #5!
Chris and I plan to purge our garage this weekend. I think I'll hit the closets too. We all wish you a warm and cozy birthday. Be happy!
ReplyDeleteTalk about purging, my Hotmail got hacked!!!! I'm not in Scotland but I could use the $3000 if anyone has it lying around, just so you know. Delete any message of this kind from me.
ReplyDeleteI'm locked out Hotmail cannot delete, retreat, can't sleep, no human contact to HELP! I can't even get rid of it.....will advise when I'm back up again... secret code word "treat". I'm Not Happy.
I'm not happy with you!! It's just uper creepy! Find a new email service. Do your homework, choose one with a high security ranking. Grrrrrrrrr
ReplyDelete