Sunday, April 8, 2012

MJ I!m not

Good morning. I gained a pound this week, but I'm not discouraged. I'm on a one and a half day fast. This morning I start my preparation for my first colonoscopy. Well really the preparation began a week ago. I was enrolled in an education session with Dr.I'mSoSmart. This guy is going to navigate cyber optics into my deepest self. I don't like him as a person, he is operating a drilling factory. I enter the factory floor and find myself taking a number and handed a clipboard. One by one the room full of subjects are escorted behind the curtain for vitals and signatures. My name was called (vaaada) and dutifully I step into the curtained space to have my blood pressure and temperature taken. List of medications in hand I willingly sign at the "X". I'm then directed to a small meeting room where Dr. stands in baggy pants and tussled hair in front of a whiteboard blocking the projected image of the golden gate bridge (??). Are we going on a trip? Well, sort of. After all is said and done this guy is telling me that his nurse (not one of those pessty anesthesiologist ) is going to inject us all with the Michael Jackson drug, propaphol. WHAT? This education session is really a C.Y.A .session..his, not ours. We are giving our consent to be given this scary drug that really isn't scary. We are given dates, statistics, and subjected to a photo journal of all the conferences where this guy spoke on the subject.....it was weird. I came home with detailed instruction to fast and purge.

So here I am. My last meal until tomorrow evening. 3 scrambled eggs and a cup of black coffee. I will make my cocktail of polyethylene glycol and gatorade or chicken broth and repeat every 45 minutes. No shopping today, no yard work, just staying close to the thrown. If this doesn't flatten my belly, just a little, nothing will. Yep, I'm 153 lbs. today ...bulked up for the fast. Going to keep myself busy today, keep my mind off food. Honestly? I know this is routine, but so is a mammogram. MJ, I'm not but Dr.I'mSoSmart will see I have the Thriller Experience.

Love you all!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Keep up with your weight management program - you're doing really well. The closer you get to your goal, the slower the pounds will shed 'cuz you're experiencing slim (excess fat) pickins', girl!

    With regard to your blog, do what ya gotta do. Just keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we all Thank you Little/Big Sister, for this wonderful blog, bringing us all together during the hard times and all times in between. Their were many heartfelt tears and laughter. You have a way of writing that makes us want to curl up in a chair, grab a cup of Jo, anxiously looking forward to the next update and allowing us to vent and brag. The photo gallery was something else, how did you find the exact subjects? Dah, that creative mind of Anne! How selfish are we! You have so much going on, you don't need to be worrying about the blog too!

    BUT, as the saying goes "I don't need a therapist I have Sisters" Thank you for that! We love you. Look for you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have said it better! I'll miss this site. Though oldish, I can adapt. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there, done that, or should I say, had it done to me! Should I be proud that Doctor notated on the final report that my pre-operation cleansing was "excellent"? of course it was! And every hidden flesh fold on my body was checked & cleared of t-paper dust and clothing fluff. A friend told us about his friend scheduled for a colonoscopy, had started the flushing process but by midnight was so faint with hunger she went out, bought & consumed a roasted chicken. Needless the say, the doctor was understandably miffed when he had to stop the scoping due to 'unreported' blockage. Yuck! Go ahead, enjoy your next meal AFTER the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Dr. ImSoSmart really gets around! Visits around here quite often. oh! I have to do this, too. Am waiting to pay Jim's colonoscopy surgery bills first. Something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, how'd it go? R U good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm clean as a whistle. Thanks to #3 I was reminded to do a clean sweep in advance. I now know why M.J. Liked his "milk". Good drug! I'm good for 10 years. Gotta love the confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear all came out wellllll.
    Talk about cleaning out! New carpet being installed tomorrow, spent the last few days, moving and clearing so much stuffff didn't realize I was such a hoarder of nicky knacks, I'm going to have arms of the Michelan Man except a they Still do the swing thing. Not real happy about being surrounded by all this stuff in my grt room, especially since its 95 degrees yikes!.
    Hugs & treats

    ReplyDelete