Monday, May 2, 2011

Deflated

I was greeted with puppy-dog eyes and sighs of concern and empathy. After careful consideration the needle performed the reverse action of its original intent.  Ounces of saline were extracted through the port from which originally implanted.  Bee-sting points pricked and flamed on the surface of stretched and non-compliant flesh-there was no give, no forgiving, no flexibility. The taught drum slowly deflated emphasized  by the hiss of sucking air through clenched teeth. Sadness, sympathy and light pats of reassuring hands, soothing hums while bacterial disinfectant applied. The bandage hung loose under the silver sheen of perspiration. The deed was done. The promise of perfect taa-taas lie flat like the sagging flesh left in the wake of this clinical procedure.  Instantly the shoulder drops, the back muscle relaxes and a future with a full range of motion seems possible. Surgery is scheduled for May 12th to remove the expander.  Yes. I immediately feel my brain recharged and my energy kicking into a new direction of purpose and intent.  I  hurt, but its all good.  I am woman. I am mono-boob. I'm over it. Deflated? yes, physically-no, in spirit.  Now, where do I get one of those wine bras?

2 comments:

  1. So, you have made your decision. May your surgery on the 12th go smoothly and bring you relief.

    Sorry for my lack of response of late. But something caused my profile to be rejected resulting in my last two very witty, beautifully written comments to fail to post. Grrrrrrrrr. Anyway, it was a simple fix (who knew) and I'm back on board.

    Now, about the WP meeting in August. How about we start thinking of firming up the date. I suggest we discuss the details with the WP-8 via email rather than here. Yahoo! #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, you are beautiful!!! I'm glad you found peace. So now, how about this Woodpecker meeting in August? Sunny San Juan, anyone? We could hit San Diego too!

    ReplyDelete