A large Canadian Goose just cruised by noisily putting Joey under the picnic table. A nocturnal animal knocked over the bird feeder scattering sun flower seeds on the deck. Small finches hop around from seed to seed while Joey crouches under the picnic table, still. More geese can be heard in the distance among the rooster's crow and laying chickens. Waa,waa,waa, WAAAAK! I can almost feel their pain as each egg is laid. Nearby highway traffic noise sounds like ocean waves - overcast, green, chirppy and nippy. My favorite part of the day. On my couch under the techno warmth of my laptop.
The front patio has new potted tomatoes, peppers and herbs. The summer sun just barely making a showing this week is now hidden by a blanket of high thick clouds. It smells like wet hay. The local farm has recently "downed" a complete orchard of aging pear trees. Ghastly grey trunks overturned with their roots reaching towards the sky, like Zombies from the grave. Spring calves wander too far from their mothers that prompt a chorus of bellows and moans. All is well, the blackberry bramble impede their journey and the little ones turn and trot on spindly legs back to the comfort of the big mama bellies that steam in the cool morning air.
Coffee, bathrobe, fuzzy socks. Tom, Joey, local wildlife. Green fields, cows, roosters and geese. Potting soil, wet grass and smooth stones. Oh, yes. Kentucky Derby Day. Where's my hat? Never mind my hat, where's my Bourbon and Branch (no mint julep for me)?
Life is good. Love you all.
Just reading your post brought my whole being to a restful place. I've been watching a crow try to grab a dead rat out of our pool, but our corgi keeps him at bay. The cat keeps nabbing lizards and bringing them as gifts and or tortoise insists she is a house pet. Aah, spring.
ReplyDeletep.s. This is Lynn by the way...
ReplyDeleteIt's 10:45p.m. and I just came in from the back yard to get a lemon off my tree ,in tow was my cat and dog (always) well somthing big and I don't care scared the you know what out of all of us . Oh yes I had a pantless man walk into me at work with 38 kids in tow.
ReplyDeleteMary, I hope the pantless man apologized for 'bumping' in to you! One thing is for sure, your life is never dull. Me, I just had my house air ducts and carpets cleaned. Yeah, I live an exciting life.
ReplyDeleteI continue to keep daily tabs on the decorah eagle nest. It appears the eagles are equal parents, working together. The eaglets are now sporting some feathers, getting bigger by the day. Pittsburgh has two falcon nests with babies that are on 24/7 cameras. The youngins' look like white fluffy easter peeps. Ten babies in two nests, one baby died. The parent removed the body from the nest - where was it taken?
It's a beautiful day. What's on my agenda today............#3
Annie, I hope your doing well today,been thinking of you all week. Love you and I care how your feeling.
ReplyDelete