Sunday, May 22, 2011
When dogs fly
The days weather has me pulling weeds, potting herbs and watching the clouds. We've taken to feeding the local Jays, Doves and occasional squirrel. The Jays are active, loud and brave. Today I was in my dinning room, working on my computer when something caught my attention. I looked up, nothing. I figured Joey had just walk through. A few minutes later I glimpse a shadow. To my surprise a large Blue Jay was perched on the first stair step looking right at me. I called to Tom "hey there's a bird in the house". The Jay responded before Tom. He hopped down to the floor and took a step towards me. I pointed to the back door. I asked "Rudy? if that is you, go outside". The Jay took wing, flying low to the ground right out the back door. Once out he perched on the deck rail and squawked at me. He did not leave. He jumped over to the bird feeder and dug his beek into the mountain of sunflower seeds. He came up with one seed and tossed it to the ground, hopped down, peeled back the hard black shell and left the meaty insides (I think, for me). He hopped into the Sycamore tree and watched me carefully while I examined the seed and kicked it off the deck. I turned and went inside. The Jay jumped back to the railing. There he sits, watching and waiting. Fat, squat Rudy-like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Give Blue Ruby a big hello. Love You
ReplyDeleteJust finished reading "A Dogs Purpose" the Jay could very well be......
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better and getting your spunk back.
Luv ya
#2
OOPS! forgot to change above Gmail address again, the old thinker is not what it used to be.
ReplyDelete#2