Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Count Down 
Me  - 4.4 Lbs.  -  157   My new Goal: 150  /expect it will take 3 weeks (145 on the horizon)
Tom -10 Lbs.   -   still not telling-expect he'll lose another 10 this week  


Last night I cubed and sauteed chicken breast (12 oz ea,) in low sodium soy sauce and chopped garlic , (1 tbsp olive oil) sesame seeds, Sriracha sauce and served over a bed of chopped romaine lettuce.  Added snap peas and a glass of Chardonnay.  Yum. 


Breakfast: English muffin, egg and slice of deli ham, cup of coffee, strawberries and blueberries. 


Lunch: Tomato-basil soup, 2 rice cakes with laughing cow cheese spread, celery sticks, more berries and a banana. Ice tea with lemon and sweetener. 


Note:  used cooking spray, non-stick pans and lemon juice.  


Tom googled Brussels sprouts and learned that the early spring is the only time to eat them.  Cut off the stems, remove outer leaves, shake in a ziplock bag with olive oil, salt & pepper, bake at 400 degree for 30 minutes (shake the pan every 10 minutes).  They were really good, not bitter or smelly-kinda buttery. Who knew I would eat brussel sprouts.  That's the power of the internet. 


Discovered a new Food Co-op in Medford - everything organic & expensive. The produce was amazing. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, 4.4 pounds is a lot of weight loss. Clearly you're sticking to the plan. Pretty soon you'll be singing praise like Jennifer Hudson! Way to go. Love what you're doing!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job, my problem I don't eat controlled meals, usually no breakfast a mid morning (brunch) consisting of a corn dog, 5ish chips, wine & light dinner, there is also the issue of afternoon mtgs and card games, you have to bring delectable snacks and goodies, and talk about our weight issues, usually consist of lots of choclate delights, luckily I'm NOT into choclate.
    I sweat it all out like a sumo wrestler at Zumba, followed up with Water volleyball and it all just stays here...
    Bought the Orgeenic Ceramic GreenNonstick fry pan at walmart, cook w/out oil,butter or grease $19.99 love it.
    Have a good week you all
    Squeeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are really good. Think I will try the chx recipe this week. Just got back from Norman, OK. Marriott only had a cafeteria eatery. Full bar, of course with $5 drinks. Don't really like drinking alone. #2: Wondering about the ceramic pan -- how is it working out? Worth it? Where did you get it? Also, how is Zumba? Do you have to THINK to do it? I don't think when I exercise. Takes too much work. Injured my gracilis muscles from yoga so have to find something else. #5: Cudos to you, girl. You are inspiring me to be more mindful re meals and exercise. Think about you all the time.
    Ciao, Y'all.

    ReplyDelete