Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday count "down":
Me  -  1.8 lbs      159.8 Lbs  total
Tom - 6.4 lbs     (he's not sharing)

Totally worth it!   I'm a little lighter, no alcohol for a week (!!!)  And Tom is SO-Sited.

Got a new app for my phone that let's me scan barcodes at the store to calculate points per serving. Cool. Fun.  We're having fun with this - something we do together.  We're eating well, no cardboard - but I miss my cheese, potatoes, pasta and bread.  Although I have a little of each, it's not quite the same.   Some sacrifices are worth it.  Good news.  Sushi is SOOooo In, tempura not so much.

Looking forward to shopping for new clothes in June.  


Had: pork chops, red potatoes, zucinni
         Chicken, rice, snap peas 
         Tilapia, rice, mushrooms
         Burger patty, cottage cheese, veggies 
         Chicken Caesar Salad 
         Turkey, ham sandwiches 
         Celery with Laughing cow cheese 
         Special K - snack bars 
         WASA sourdough crisp bread 
         Tuna salad, carrots, croutons 
         Bananas, apples, blueberries, oranges 
         Oatmeal, eggs, toast 
         Can't believe I forgot to buy butter - spray 
         Progresso Soups (for my veggies)


Not hungry anymore.  Going shopping

15 comments:

  1. You just made my grocery list, sounds great, pretty much what we eat anyway, I'm always hungary now that we work out three times a week and walk the dog twice a day, maybe I'll sneak up to the Gym and weigh myself, have no idea, do I really want to know?
    thanks for the encouragement, keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, what a good start! Jim and I did our annual 'after Christmas' South Beach Diet in which Jim lost his unwanted weight after three weeks. I didn't lose anything the first week, a pound the second week,no change the third week. Dang, I got so discouraged, I slipped. I think I'd better follow your lead, get on the diet bus before it's too late.

    How did you get that pinch photo of me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement. I just went through my cupboards and scanned everything and wrote the number of points per serving. It was fun. Just realized I could eat a PB&J for only 5 points. That with an apple and ice tea and I'm full. Bought some rice cakes, popcorn and sugar free hot cocoa to get me through the weekends. PS you get extra points for exercise. #2, sounds like you are already doing great!! I wish I had your height.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressive. Inspirational, actually. I will definitely check out that app! I need some ed-ju-cation on food. PB and apples, really good; I eat that all the time. On a cold, dreary day, I have warmed the sliced apples in the micro for a few seconds and had that w PB. (yeah, Jen's grown up and can use micros). Questin, any tricks for handling proportion? I eat well, just too much of a good thing. I am happy you two are doing this together -- optimizes results and fun. Men's metabolisms run 10% faster than women; they are going to lose more. God bless you, Goddamnit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. Spent a bundle getting my hair cut. Wanted something with more layers, lighter, and a bit edgier. Very cute guy did the cut. I actually went prepared with a picture of what I wanted. I did the hairstyler app and found a do that went with my face. I ended up with a bob! Just can't get rid of bob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4, Oh no! Not the Bob, do you have that problem too? I can take pictures, draw diagrams, name celebrity updo's and still come out with the BOB! I like Bobs they make good husbands,BF 's, brothers & lovers so tired of bobs on my head.l!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair dictates how it looks no matter how its cut. While I admire my hair dressers cut, I hope, maybe this time I will leave the salon looking stunning. Uh ha, sure. I color my hair now - using Natural Instincts, No. 11G-light golden brown, a non-perminent dye. I don't do it because I care about the gray, but because I'm starting to fade away. Sixty two finds me without color in my lips, cheeks, eyebrows and hair. And I thought I was invisible in my 20s, 30s, 40s... Never could get the attention of a deli attendant or butcher if more than two people were waiting to be served.

    On-On you'al.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so funny. I think I rather be invisible,people always think am the manager and start bitching at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But not invisible enough to walk out of a store with a fist full of candy bars (an ongoing childhood dream of mine).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joey from Friends had a hand twin and now I have a twin. Kitty and I cause a stir when we go places due to we look like old lady twins for the love of god,this I dont need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is so unfair. I wish I could be mistaken as yours or Kit's twin. Alas, I'm invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no.3 and I have been old lady twins for years. People don't know what to say, where to look. Men -- well we won't go there : ).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, #4, when we're together we are in our own little world, usually giggling. What do you expect from guys!

    Could be worse. A CNN news report this morning: Police said, a mother of 10 who threw a birthday party for her 5-year-old daughter at a Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant in suburban Houston, apparently forgot about the girl, went home without her and failed to realize her mistake until the next day. I can see that!

    Now you see, we have something to be thankful for in regards to our age. Had we grown up in todays world, we'd be separated - living in foster homes! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete