Sunday, April 24, 2011

"That looks like it really hurts"

Really, that's what my oncologist said, followed by a discussion about my hair.  She assured me, however, that detection will not be a problem should I elect to continue with the process.  She was very perturbed that I had the left breast biopsy and no one mentioned it to her, and there are no notes in my medical file.  She examined me and said, "that  REALLY looks like it hurts, the skin is so red, you need to go back and talk to your plastic surgeon".

I wanted to get back to the subject of cancer, her specialty. She said I literally have no breast tissue (on the right) and must continue to check the scar line.  It's along the scar that cancer cells may find a foot hold. I still wondered about the rest of my body. With nine positive lymph nodes there is no guarantee a nasty little bugger isn't hiding somewhere.  She agreed and said I need to continue having my checkups.

So where am I in my decision?  I'm getting closer to a decision. Tom and I had a long chat and it all comes down to how much more can I take? Is a boob really important to me? What happens afterwards-how long does it take to get back to normal?  More importantly, can we get rid of the tuck & roll when removing the implant?

4 comments:

  1. Buyers Beware! Funny thing happended today I bought a new suit at Ross for Water Volleyball, it has a good bra, ample shoulder straps and does not cut into the thighs. The expensive Lands End suits, were rotting out, never knew if I would come out of the pool in full suit due to the salt water. Any how since it was 88 degree day the whole volleyball gang came out to play, three teams having to alternate play. As I sat on the side line commencing with friends they eyeing me with concern, looking down I find my suit is slowing rising to a 44 EE and its getting quite heavy. Returning to play, I'm now a life raft for four getting chuckles and hoots from the crowd. I finished out the day with some great plays and slams (must have been the frontal weight). When I got home rinsed out the now 15lb babthing suit I find a tag labeled its a masectomy suit! Its Ok! the focus was off of the winter thighs & Butt!!!! Always a ying with a yang...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do anything to get the focus off the back end,now where did you get this suit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggle :) I could use a good water bra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats better than my Wine Box,

    ReplyDelete