Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back to work: May 19, 2010

  • Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:58 PM, CDT
    Yes, I'm back to work. I've learned what I can and can't do. But I mostly sit at a desk: type, talk and shuffle papers. I shuffle the best I can through the halls trying to be inconspicuous. It's very therapeutic for me to keep busy.  It's a good thing day time TV is so terrible. My arm is feeling MUCH better. Going commando was the best idea I've had so far.  The swelling has gone down, the tingle in my neck and shoulder is totally gone but my skin is still sensitive - which may just be the nerves waking up.  I take a 20 minute power nap at lunch time (close the door, turn off the light and put my feet up) followed by a brisk walk around the parking lot.  Today the Janitorial Manager assigned me my own bathroom which he will personally sanitize daily.  Nice. Sleep is coming easy. I have my first injection tomorrow to start the "stretching" process in preparation for an implant. Friday is my first visit with the radiologist/oncologist - just a consultation, radiation won't happen for several months.  More hurry up an wait, but at least I'm busy.  Love You All!!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment