Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a new day happy New Year: 2011

It's a new dawn.  It's a new day. And I'm FEELING gooooood.

Stayed up as late as I could then had a restful sleep. The New Year has arrived - although we had snow flurries last night the sun is shinning brightly this morning and a strong wind assaults the house and everything around it. It feels fresh and stings like sea breeze. All the old carried away with the fall leaves and branches.  The sun warms the rooftops which hiss and steam. A single bird perched on the pitched roof stands firm against the wind. Could it be a woodpecker? In an instant it's gone. 

Tom and I have been enjoying the bird show on our deck. Attracted to sunflower seeds the large ones line up in the bare sycamore and take turns while the little ones peck at the seconds tossed about underneath. Joey doesn't mind them at all. The local televised farmer says that providing water is just as important as seed. So we placed a water dish out.  No activity there. The neighboring birdbath meets those particular needs I suppose.

I mention this all only because of my new year resolution.  I resolve to be more conscience of my world. Not  necessarily the news or current events, but the physical space I occupy, the impact of my being, what I leave in my wake, how I influence the future.

I kept waiting for a BIG change in my life.  Well.....That certainly  happened. But I didn't feel changed by it, only challenged and daunted, and exhausted. 2010 didn't make me a better person. I thought I would wake up one morning and feel ...something new inside. Something that would carry me through the rest of my life, because, after all, I just went to hell and back and it should mean something!! I remember thinking there were angels all around me.  So I resolve to being more patient, and purposeful, more giving and less expectant, more caring and less judgmental. This will not happen naturally.  I will have to make it happen. I expect to brave my own instincts, like the bird on the pitched roof, and fight against what's easy, even if I get blown away, I resolve to try.

Happy New Year.  Welcome 2011. This little Woodpecker eats black-eyed peas and sends love, hugs and kisses to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment