Thursday, January 6, 2011

May 21, 2010

  • Friday, May 21, 2010 8:44 PM, CDT
    Had a new experience with Dr.Kennedy-hair. I was in the exam room trying to remove my sweater-it was taking a bit of time and my earings kept hanging up on the collar.  With most of it off but awkwardly entanged who should walk in on me?...Yes. He must think I'm challenged in the dressing myself department. With a team of lovely student nurses looking  on (they were all shinely and new) Dr. K-H raised a chain and positioned it over my chest.  The chain wavered and like a divining rod located the location of the expander port nestled in my chest wall. With no more than a tiny needle prick I received two whole ounces of saline, the first of many deposits to reserve room for the future implant. 

    Met with the radioligist today.  Another beautiful 13 year old professional. We talked for about 2 hours about my diagnosis, current treatment and what to expect when it's time to receive radiation. 5 treatments a week for 6 weeks. Radiation to the chest wall and lymp nodes in my neck. I learned a lot and have options although gently encouraged to go the chemo/radiation path. Again, sometimes this and sometimes that . . it's all a mystery and we have to wait and see.  At least I was able to undress and dress without incident.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment