Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ninja and pocket buddies May 10, 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010 4:43 PM, PDT
Pocket Buddies.
Week two. It's been a week since my surgery. I'm doing really well, but still very tired. Last night I had 4 1/2 hour of uninterrupted sleep. Since the hospital I was either waken or woke up on my own at least every two hours.  I don't think I have had any REM sleep and today my body is begging for it. Jackie and I had another nice day just being sisters.  When she left to help a friend I  went down hard.
I have two little pocket buddies, these granade shaped bulbs (drainage tubes) attached to my back remind me of the Cyborg movies.  It's weird how there are no bandages, just a single strip of tape over the major incision. The pocket buddies tubing comes directly out of my skin. The only discomfort is when there is a little tug, mainly when I forget they are there and try to reposition or travel about the house.  With good luck these little buddies will be removed this week which will allow me more freedom. I just can't see going out and about with these tucked into my pocket.  Although I could, I just don't want to. That brings me to my Ninja suits.  I really scored on these comfy outfits I picked up at (of all places) Walmart.  Soft cotton jersey top and bottoms with all the qualities for the occassion:  1) Buttons in Front - the buttons are LARGE @ 1 inch buttons making it easy to put on, over the buddies, and easily buttoned with one hand.  2)  3/4 Length sleaves - cool, yet covers most the arm - sleaves stay out of the way at the sink - no wet cuffs.  3) Soft cotton threaded seams - no scratching, not lumps can't even feel them  4) Large outer pockets for my buddies.  These pockets also create a pocket on the INSIDE - so I can put the buddies on the inside - NEAT!  5) soft wide covered waist band pants-wide leg make it easy to pull up with one hand, if needed. Soft draw string if needed.  6) short pant length-jodpurs. No tripping over cuffs, easy to slip over shoes, cool and breathable.  They can be worn indoors, outdoors, to the store or to bed.  Really nice. I bought 3 sets.  Funny little lady clothes but with a few beads and fashion sandles better than my alternative (old running T-shirts and wholly sweats).  These will be good during Chemo with a camisole . I plan on getting some BIG danggly earrings and a loud glittery tote bag to accent wigs, hats, and scarfs.  Going for the big girl look.

No comments:

Post a Comment