Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smile, be happy. May 3, 2010

  • Monday, May 3, 2010 1:38 PM, CDT
    Back from Pre-Op, I chose a festive spring salmon tunic with wranglers-to offset the walkie talkies, flats and some sparkely bobbels & beads. I was greated like the queen on coronation day. No change to my diagnosis, no change in the schedule - 5:00 AM tomoorow it is.  All looks good, nodes and lumps as we last left them.  Again, no news is good news. The navigator walked us through the front doors, of the hospital. Because of the early morning  schedule we wanted to be sure we knew our way around.  No surprises.  Lovely volunteers will sign us in (there is always someone there-I'll have to remember to be a hospital volunteer someday) and escort us to the surgery unit.  Tom needed a lay of land. Where will he sit? How far can he go in the process with me? What will he do?? I suggest a good book. So as it goes, Tom can stay with me up to the point of surgery. Then there is a nice seperate waiting room with private consultation rooms for doctors to meet family members aftwerwards. I get to take relaxing drugs and lie on my back under warm blankets while the practiced miricle workers set the stage for action.  Wheel me here, there and BAMMM I'm down and under. Not looking for the extra soreness of the implant. Oh vanity. Didn't know I had it in me.
    As we left the hospital tour and ran some errands I took note of the gloomy weather. Tom returned to work and I look around and see all the little tasks left undone and begin to worry.  My stomach hurts, I feel a little queezy, I didn't sleep well at all last night and expect the same tonight. Smile..Be Happy.."B"called.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment