Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nap time May 8, 2010

Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:34 AM, PDT
I'm Back.
Home again, home again jigg-y-dy jig. The past few days have been  interesting to say the least. It'a all behind me, just a gray memory, a fuzzy dream. For the record I'll go into what I remember later. But first want to share that I felt all the love and wishes from the sisterhood of the traveling red jacket.  You all gave me strength-it worked, I feel strong and ready for Phase II.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Jackie and I spent a nice quiet day together. Jackie took good care of me while Tom returned to work for a few hours. 72 degrees on the deck ,I enjoyed a PB&J, a Drummy fruit cup and sun chips.  I haven't lost my appetite.  Altough I have lost 8 pounds, I'm enjoying small meals of simple foods.  I realized this morning how much I enjoy, I mean reall enjoy, a cup of coffee.

I mentioned it was a beautiful day, but not perfect. I was surprised to receive a call from my surgeon so soon, but the pathology lab results came in. The node cluster that was removed (18) tested positive for cancer.  This means chemo, radiation then hormone treatment.  It's going to be a long haul. Dr. Kennedy-hair will hold off on the reconstruction until after the treatments.  I finally took a good look at my chest.  It's not a preatty picture, but it's interesting. I mean really amazing. You can see that the surgeon left as much skin as possible. It's sort of like a deflated tire.
Tom has discovered he is a natural care provider. He is so wonderful. Turned in the walkie talkies and now focused on my medical needs, keeping the house clean and finding creative ways to assure I'm comfortable and safe. Life is good - it is exhausting, but good.  I feel good. but just gotta remember to not do too much. Need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment